Dr. Eric Opsvig
After graduating from the University of Washington Dental School in 1985, I worked at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas, where I was assigned to provide urgent dental procedures to accident victims in the emergency room. It was challenging and rewarding, and it helped prepare me for my future dental career.
Returning to Seattle, I became an associate with a dentist who practiced in the Virginia Mason Hospital. This was invaluable experience for me as I was able to treat both private patients and in-patients from the hospital who were medically compromised.
In 1988 I launched my own solo practice in the Cabrini Tower in downtown Seattle. I greatly enjoyed my dental practice there, but not my commute from Edmonds, Washington. In 1998, along with my wife, Teresa, and our five daughters, we moved to beautiful North Bend, Washington. I opened the doors to our dental practice here, and we have enjoyed every minute of it.
“You are never fully dressed without a smile”
Hi there. I am Teresa, married to the dentist, Eric Opsvig. We met as students at the University of Washington. He was just applying to dental school and I was finishing my degree in Spanish Language and Literature. We worked in the early am hours as blood drawers at the University Hospital. He was the really great technician, and I was the mediocre one who was routinely sent to the obstetrics department because a pregnant woman has really good veins! While I admired his skill, little did I know that we would become married soon, that we would go on to have five little girls who we would raise here in the Snoqualmie Valley. Our four oldest have graduated from college and our youngest is an electrical engineering student at the University of Washington.
Why Choose Our office?
- Dr. Opsvig has 30 years of experience working as a dentist.
- We use digital X-rays, which emit 90% less radiation than the older versions do.
- Dr. Opsvig performs most of his own root canals, extractions (including wisdom teeth), dental implants and delivers partials and dentures.
- Our state-of-the-art intra-oral camera enables Dr. Opsvig to show each patient a clear visual picture of their dental problems. Consequently, our patients have a greater understanding of the need for their dental work.
- Dr. Opsvig has been told by many patients that his injections are gentle and virtually pain free. He uses a very strong topical anesthetic before numbing to ensure a more comfortable injection.
- Our high quality air-abrasion unit allows Dr. O to fill small cavities without the need for a shot of novocaine, and makes the process quicker and easier for the patient.
- Our highly qualified, professional dental assistant, Lara, has over twenty-five years experience working in the dental field. Her knowledge and expertise provides wonderful support to the dental care of each of our patients.
- We offer nitrous oxide for our patients who are nervous about their dental visits. We also can prescribe mild sedatives for those with a more severe type of fear of the dentist.
- Our office manager, Teresa, strives to provide you with accurate dental insurance estimates for each visit, so you know what is expected of you every time.
- We see one patient at a time and we provide the highest quality dentistry available.